Thursday 22 December 2011

Happy Tang Yuan Festival

Hey, guys...! =)
So, it's Tang Yuan Festival today...
To friends who dunno bout it yet, so here's a brief explanation bout it.

People said, today is the coldest day there at China, or should I say, a Christmas in China...? =P
LOL~..
That's not it, guys... I'm not sure bout it too though, I just heard bout it from people saying that it's the coldest day today at China. It's Winter season there...

Usually, people gather together with their friends and family members, sitting and had dinner together.
Something like a day before Chinese New Year...

What's unique about this fest is, the Tang Yuan, it's some kinda cake though, here are some pictures of it before and after prepared to be eaten...


Here's the unprepared Tang Yuan, it's a peanut filling some kinda cake...
After this, it'll be boiled...
and here's the result AFTER it is boiled.


Cute isn't it... >,<
After it is boiled, it'll be immersed in a sweetened water.
Best served warmly... ^^

Unfortunately, I don't have the chance to celebrate this special day. Since my father passed away 4 years ago, I never had the chance to celebrate Chinese New Year or any other Chinese-related festival anymore...
Usually, I spent those times by just watching the others playing with their fire crackers & fireworks.
I'm happy just by seeing them though coz I've been in the celebrations before, so I understand how they feel.
No worries... ^^

Well, that's all for my third posts...
HAPPY TANG YUAN FESTIVAL & 冬至节快乐

P/S: CREDITS for my friends who posted these pictures in Facebook... It's not mine... >,< haha...
Chiiaaooo~...

No comments:

Post a Comment